Friday, June 18, 2010

Too Much Time On My Hands

I wish I knew what happened to my running mojo.

I’m running comfortably for the first time in a very long time, but I’m not feeling motivated. Running by myself feels awkward. Running with a group feels slow but laboured. My shoes don’t feel right, I’ve adjusted the laces to take some pressure off the top of my right foot. There are new aches that I’ve never felt before. I’m thinking it’s just the orthotics. I blew off a run last night to walk. I needed to clear my head. Two weeks of kids and I’m about ready to lose it.

I’m back to work on Monday. Oh joy, oh bliss. Two weeks to summer shutdown. No possible way to maintain any type of a schedule. I really feel I’m missing structure and regime right now. All my goals seem so far away.

Marc has a Chicago Marathon countdown timer on the runBlog site. I look at it and add a week, it still over 112 days for them, even more for me. Too much time on my hands.

No comments: