Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Update

Vacations are supposed to be about renewal, recharging your batteries to get back at it feeling rested and restored. Yah rite.
My vacation seems to involve spending lots of time in the kitchen and laundry room. Technically, it’s a vacation from the office but not from parenting. The Mrs is off working and I’m taking over her role a chief cook and seemingly like Daffy Duck the volume of semi dirty clothes has me feeling like I’m being held prisoner in a Chinese laundry.

I have to keep reminding myself that I volunteered for this. It’s a great opportunity to spend time with the kids whether they appreciate it or not. Pretty much anything involving a parent is frowned upon in teenland.

I’ve been so seriously lazy. I haven’t seen the inside of the gym in a couple of weeks. I’ve been walking, and walking, and enjoying it.

I planned on starting Revolution Conditioning’s 28 Day Fitness Challenge. Apparently, I’m still in the planning stage, although I have managed to buy a yoga mat and skipping rope. I also grabbed a couple of lacrosse balls to roll out the bottoms of my feet after watching this video. Hurts like heck (breaking in new orthotics and my feet are aching in strange new ways). Maria is well worth following on twitter @revcon Her instructional videos are incredibly informational and her TRX workout using the playground equipment bars is pure brilliance. Check it out!

I’ve been able to work my way back into running. The past two weekends have been back to back runs on both Saturday and Sunday. This weekend a 15km followed by a 13km run. I’m feeling good; better than I’ve felt in a very long time. I’m struggling in the heat and humidity but that’s normal for just about everyone out there.

One more week of staycation, I have a To Do list a mile long. I did find time to give the blog a make-over, there’s an item off the To Do list. I might find the gym this week. However, if I don’t get out and cut the lawn, I might not be able to find the dog.

No comments: