Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No Hope

There was no Road to Hope for me on Sunday.  No chance to slip into the New York Marathon via the side door before the changes to qualifying take effect.  While I've been busy and active the past month, there has been no running, my feet are too darn sore.

After completing the Tornado Fun Run at the Aylmer Police College, I stopped running altogether hoping to recover from persistant plantar fasciitis-like symptoms in both feet. 

I've spent a lot of time rolling the bottoms of both feet using a lacrosse ball.



And then rubbing my feet with Zak's Heel Spur cream.

Stretching like a mad man.

Foam rolling like there is no tomorrow.

Cross training on the bike and in the pool.

Shuffling on the elliptical machine.

Planking for #PlankADay

and waiting to heel ....

1 comment:

runnergirl training said...

Keep it up! Sounds like you're on your way to being recovered!