Thursday, April 18, 2013

#BostonStrongLdnOnt

I can't say it any better so here  is the message

From @PavementRunner

I want to FEEL it. I want us to embrace the community in a REAL and HUMAN way. I want us to do what we do best.

I want us to run… together.

I’m organizing a global event: #BostonStrong
 
This may be idealistic or a reach in the dark, but it’s a reach I’m willing to make. It’s a reach I’m hoping to make with your help. We runners are strong and resourceful… that has been proven under tragic circumstances.

On Monday, April 22, a week after the 117th Boston Marathon, I’d like an organized run to happen in each city, put on by the community of runners . This will involve someone stepping up from their city to coordinate either on their blog, facebook or twitter.
It could be 3 people running together, 10 people running together, or hundreds running… but we do it together.



We can meet in the Grosvenor Street parking lot of Gibbons Park and do what we do best - run 5 or 10 kilometers.  See you there.

If you can't make Monday night, there is an other run organized for Saturday Morning at 8am in Springbank Park




View Larger Map

2 comments:

Hitec-AMS said...

:)

www.hitec-ams.com

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon,

My name is Stephanie Starling and I am contacting you on behalf of Runners Unite for Boston.

We started Runners Unite for Boston to help raise money for the victims and families of the tragic occurrence at the 2013 Boston Marathon.

We thank Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino for starting The One Fund Boston, Inc. to help the people most affected by the tragic events that occurred in Boston on April 15, 2013.

All proceeds will be donated to the victims’ families through The One Fund Boston https://onefundboston.org/


If you could possibly post the link to the store (www.imgbuy.com/runners-unite-for-boston.html) in your blog to help spread the word about how people can help the One Fund Boston foundation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephanie Starling
414.771.1414
stephanie@cityscreenprint.com