Thursday, September 26, 2013

Laying the Smack Down



Ever since Pavey’s #BostonStrong initiative he’s been a busyboy.    Recently, he’s put it out there that he’d like to finish the San Jose Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon in under 1:40.  His best to date has been a 1:44.

My best to date was last year’s Amherstburg  Run for Heroes Half Marathon where I finished with an amazing 1:40:07.  My previous best was a 1:42:06 in 2011 in Toronto on a somewhat downhill course.

So is it fair to say I’m in on the 1:3X challenge too?


I think so.

I’m going to try to go sub 1:40 in Hamilton at the Road to Hope Half Marathon two weeks after trying to race 25K on the trails in VultureBait.

Quite likely Road to Hope will be cold, more than likely it will rain.  And very likely it will be mostly downhill on the murderous Red Hill Valley Parkway.


Since my goal for Vulture Bait is simply survival, I’m putting it out there that I’m trying for a sub 1:40 Half Marathon PB to end the season.

2 comments:

PavementRunner said...

LOVE IT.

Your course looks much better than mine, I'm jealous.

LET"S DO THIS!

Farrah | Free Funny Videos said...

Things are looking good your way... I just hope that I will also find the heart to get my running shoes!!!